Application for Entry into the Honours Programme
Application Deadline: 31st October each year
You can apply for EGS Honours or Atmospheric Science Honours. This requires that you the applicant, specify your first and second choices on the application form.
You need to apply for Honours to the faculty where you did your undergraduate degree. For example, if you did a BA undergraduate degree you must apply for a BA Honours through Humanities faculty and the same if you did BSc undergraduate, apply for BSc Honours through the Science faculty.
To apply applicants must submit:
- A Departmental Application Form
- A UCT application Form - online (please read the relevant information if you are a foreign student)
- Cover letter including a statement of interest, explaining why you are interested in doing the Honours degree (maximum 700 words)
- Students who have completed their degrees elsewhere are required to submit two referees reports on the departmental reference form.
- Students who have completed their degrees within the EGS Department should list the names of two members of staff who will act as referees.
Please note, EGS Honours students will graduate with a Honours degree in Environmental and Geographical Science.
Students in the Atmospheric Science stream will graduate with an Honours degree in Atmospheric Science.
Please use the following email addresses for:
Application process related queries please contact Tanya Basadien, email@example.com.
Honours course related queries, please ask Gina Ziervogel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Honours Atmospheric Science course related queries please ask Babatunde Abiodun (email@example.com)
Please note, you are required to submit your Departmental application form and supporting documents in one pdf file to Tanya Basadien by email and your UCT application form online. Both need to be submitted to be considered for Honours.